The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) aims to provide a high standard of service. You can expect us to:
- Be professional, courteous and respectful
- Provide you with reasonable assistance
- Communicate clearly
- Provide clear reasons for any decisions or actions
- Provide our contact details and operating hours.
Our service responsibilities and our requirements of people seeking our services are outlined in the flyer Dealing with our staff.
If you are dissatisfied with the level of service you have received from our office there are complaint mechanisms for you to use:
- First, try and resolve the issue informally with the relevant staff member. If you are dissatisfied with their response, ask to speak to their supervisor
- Second, make a formal complaint in person, writing, email or you can ask us to help you write down your complaint.
How can I make a complaint?
Our Fact sheet: How to make a complaint against the IPC outlines how you can make a complaint.