Consultation on two new draft resources under the GIPA Act - open 13-27 May 2016
The resources have been developed in response to:
- the work the Information Commissioner undertook in relation to her role as an investigating authority in terms of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994; and
- in response to the need demonstrated at a directions hearing at the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) in 2016.
provides information about the investigative role of the Information Commissioner;
what is required to establish an offence under the GIPA Act (sections 116 to 120); and
the process for referral to the Director of Public Prosecutions to determine whether or not to prosecute the offence.
- covers the thresholds required to apply for a restraint order; and
- the authority flowing from the decisions and how this can benefit agencies and the public.
This consultation period will be open from 13-27 May 2016.
The consultation seeks feedback on the following draft resources:
How to provide feedback
We encourage you to view the above resource and provide us with feedback via the following channels:
- Click here to access the feedback web form on FACT SHEET: Offences under the GIPA Act
- Click here to access the feedback web form on FACT SHEET: Restraint orders under the GIPA Act
Alternative feedback options
Email your feedback to email@example.com
Call the IPC on our free call number 1800 472 679.
The consultation period is open from 13-27 May 2016.