The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) publishes a range of open access information in compliance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
We hold a range of information, including:
- Policy and planning documents
- Documents on the internal administration of the agency
- Internal working papers of the agency
- Documents prepared for submission to the Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Documents relating to reviews and investigations conducted by the Information Commissioner and the Privacy Commissioner
- Correspondence with the Premier, Ministers and the heads and staff of NSW government agencies
- Correspondence with the public
- Correspondence with the heads of privacy and information access authorities in other jurisdictions
- Guidelines and directions issued by the Privacy Commissioner and the Information Commissioner
- Information resources for the community, public sector and private sector.
Making a formal application to the IPC
Please note: The Information and Privacy Commission of NSW does not hold information held by other NSW agencies such as local councils, NSW Police and other NSW departments. To seek access to such information you should contact that agency directly. If you are not sure who may hold the information you seek please contact the IPC for assistance.
To submit a request for government information held by the Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) we request that you complete this access application form and provide it to our office.
The IPC chooses to exercise its discretion not to impose the $30 application fee. Click here for more for more information.
If you cannot find the information you are seeking on this website, please contact us to assist you. If you find that you are having difficulties reading our documents or other material, please contact us on 1800 472 679 so we can provide another option for you to access our material.