Text alternative for 'Future Focus and Priorities for 2016/17 - Priority 4'
FORMAL ACCESS APPLICATIONS
- Develop and publish guidance for the public on identified priorities
- Develop and consult with agencies on regulatory guidance to improve the application of the public interest balancing test, including on third party objector matters
- Promote a rigorous, comprehensive and citizen-centric approach to information management through sound leadership
- Promote and support the use of the GIPA Tool to improve quality and timeliness of agency application management and annual reporting
- Examine and respond to trends in information release rates and outcomes
- Work with NCAT to monitor the trend of GIPA
- Act matters, including dealing with applications involving the GIPA Act offence provisions.
- Support agency decision-makers in utilising
- IPC’s training/regulatory guidance resources
- Promote opportunities to maintain a contemporary knowledge of the GIPA Act
- Continuously improve the recording of data for GIPA Act annual reporting.