Text alternative for Future Focus and Priorities - Priority 1
MANDATORY PROACTIVE RELEASE
• Produce enhanced regulatory guidance and continue to promote compliance with mandatory proactive release obligations, particularly for contract register requirements and the additional open access information requirements prescribed in Part 3, Clause 5 of the Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009.
• Continue implementing the steps that the IPC will take towards a NSW Charter for Public Participation, including:
- engaging with principal departments to improve the quality of their Agency Information Guides (AIG)
- hosting a summit on public participation and AIGs
- co-creating a NSW Charter for Public Participation
- promoting how agencies can connect AIGs with Open Government Plans
- monitoring agencies’ use of AIGs to understand the trends in AIGs facilitating public participation
- monitoring disclosure logs and identification of the various kinds of government information held by agencies and made available by agencies with the objective of promoting Open Government and Open Data.
• Assess and ensure compliance with their additional open access information requirements prescribed in the Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009.
• Use IPC regulatory guidance to ensure compliance with contract register, AIG and disclosure log requirements.