Text alternative for Future Focus and Priorities: Priority 3
- Continue to promote the appropriate use of the informal pathway with agencies
- Develop statutory guidance to promote the public interest considerations in favour of disclosure of government Open Data.
- Develop practices to maximise information release through all four access pathways
- Ensure that staff are aware of all four information pathways and can confidently apply those pathways to achieve the object of the GIPA Act
- Provide training to staff to enable them to confidently apply the ‘public interest’ test and increase their awareness of the protections provided under the GIPA Act.