Stay Smart Online Awareness Week 2014
Stay safe 'On the go' during Stay Smart Online Week
Stay Smart Online week 2014 is all about staying secure on mobile devices when you’re on the go. The Stay Smart Online message is for everyone. Most of us use a mobile device, access our banking online, have either bought or sold something online, email daily and check out social media. Therefore it’s important we know how to keep safe and secure while accessing the convenience of the internet.
Here are some hot tips on staying safe online:
- Only deal with trusted sellers when buying online
- Talk with your children about staying safe online
- Use strong and different passwords to protect your online accounts
- Keep software and apps up to date to secure your mobile device.
The IPC has developed a number of fact sheets to help you stay safe online:
- What do your privacy settings say about you? This one-page fact sheet offers quick tips for improving your online privacy.
- Mobile apps: the ABCs of privacy protection A one-page fact sheet for service users that provides important things to remember when downloading mobile apps.
- Keep your kids safe online – a guide for parents and teachers Download this visual guide about keeping children safe online.
Additionally you can check out the Stay Smart Online resources on their website for more tips and information.
How can I be involved?
- You can help promote the Stay Smart Online message through your channels using our resources or linking to the Stay Smart Online official social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Attach a ‘Stay Smart Online’ message and image to your school or workplaces email
- Write an article for your school or workplaces newsletter or intranet
- Hold an event promoting the top tips and using the Stay Smart Online resources.