The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) supports and encourages the reuse of its publicly-funded information.
Unless otherwise stated and subject to the exceptions below, the material on this website is owned by the IPC and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC by 4.0) (the Creative Commons Licence).
A summary of the Creative Commons Licence is available on the Creative Commons website.
Your attention is drawn to the full terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Licence. Under this licence you are free to share and adapt material as long as appropriate credit is provided and you indicate if and how changes were made. You cannot legally restrict anyone from doing what the licence permits.
When using our material, you must not assert or imply that you are, or that your use of the licensed material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the State of New South Wales or the IPC.
We request attribution as:
- ‘© State of New South Wales (Information and Privacy Commission NSW) (<Year of Publication>). For current information go to ipc.nsw.gov.au.’
We also request that you provide a link to this copyright notice and disclaimer. If no year of publication is shown on the licensed material, indicate the date of access from this website.
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence
The following material available from this website is not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence:
- The State Arms or any emblem, symbol, logo or trademark of the State of NSW or any department or agency the State of NSW (except where such material is reproduced as an incidental part of using material under the Creative Commons Licence and otherwise in compliance with the terms and conditions).
- Any third party (non-NSW Government) material unless expressly stated to be published under the Creative Commons Licence (note that such material may not be expressly identified, although as a general policy we aim to do so).
- Any material hosted on a different site (note that in some cases we provide links on this site to material on another website).
- Any images, photographs or illustrations (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under the Creative Commons Licence).
- Any other material expressly identified as not covered by the Creative Commons Licence or subject to different licence terms.
Information on Crown Copyright and use of the State Arms by third parties is available on the Department of Communities and Justice website.
Third parties requiring permission to use copyright material or the NSW State Arms other than as permitted by the Creative Commons Licence may contact:
- Legal, Department of Communities and Justice
- Phone: (02) 8346 1388
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal: GPO Box 6, 2001 Sydney, NSW
Linking to this site
Subject to certain conditions, a credible website may link to pages within our website. These conditions apply:
- Links must be to the homepage or other high level page (as pages may change or become unavailable).
- Arms, emblems, symbols, logos and trademarks of the IPC and/or the State of NSW must not be used or reproduced for web linking purposes.
- The IPC website should open in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement of your organisation, services or products by the IPC and/or the State of NSW.
- You must not pass off content from this website as your own. This includes copying or reusing parts of the website.
- The content of the link must not suggest that IPC has created any of the originating site's content. The source material must be clear and acknowledgement of the IPC website clearly provided.
In addition, the originating site must not contain the following:
- Illegal, sexually explicit, pornographic, or otherwise offensive or distasteful material.
- Content promoting gaming, wagering or betting sites.
- Instructions on the manufacture and/or use of illegal drugs, or other dangerous material.
- Material that promotes harassment, hatred or discrimination based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other factor.
- Defamatory, disparaging, abusive, threatening or offensive messages (whether aimed at the IPC or a third party).
- False or misleading information about the IPC.
Links from the IPC Website
Where this website provides links to other websites, it does so for convenience and information purposes only. Following links to other websites is entirely at your own risk. The IPC has not verified the content of any other websites and is not responsible or liable for any losses, damages or expenses in connection with linking to external sites (see our disclaimer).
The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked website or its content by the IPC. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the IPC provides no guarantee about the quality or appropriateness of any products or services available through any third-party website.
If you find a broken link on the website, please email: email@example.com
Updated May 2020.