The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) provides education primarily for public sector agency staff working with the:
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act)
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act)
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act)
Our training and education extends to both privacy protection and right to information and is delivered via a variety of methods to assist you to perform your duties as a public sector agency officer under the legislation.
Our online training is designed to be self-paced and available to you at your convenience.
IPC e-Learning portal
Please be advised that the URL for e-Learning has recently changed. Please update any saved bookmarks.
The IPC e-Learning portal contains a number of online training modules to provide training across privacy and government information access legislation. The IPC continues to develop new tools to better assist agencies with their responsibilities. The following modules are available free of charge:
- Access Training for Decision Makers Under the GIPA Act
- The Contract Register and Contract Disclosures
- Privacy Complaints Handling Under the PPIP Act
- Towards Open Government Information in NSW
- Open Data
- Understanding the MNDB Scheme - for privacy practitioners
How do I register?
When using the IPC’s e-Learning facility, agencies have the option of signing up either as an individual or as a group/organisation to access the available training.
- Go to the IPC e-Learning portal
- Click register or select register from the drop down on the top bar.
- Fill in the self-registration form
- You will receive an email within minutes containing your login details and a link to access the portal.
- You are ready to go!
NOTE: If you require further assistance to access the IPC e-learning portal, please contact the IPC on 1800 472 679 or email email@example.com.
We welcome your feedback as it will assist us in improving the training we offer. Please complete the webform after completing each training package.
Last updated May 2020