Making a complaint about the IPC
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) aims to provide a high standard of service. You can expect us to:
- Be professional, courteous and respectful
- Provide you with reasonable assistance
- Communicate clearly
- Provide clear reasons for any decisions or actions
- Provide our contact details and operating hours.
If you are dissatisfied with the level of service you have received from our office there are complaint mechanisms you can access:
- First, try and resolve the issue informally with the relevant staff member. If you are dissatisfied with their response, ask to speak to their supervisor.
- Second, make a formal complaint in person, writing or email, or you can ask us to help you write down your complaint.
See our Fact Sheet - How to make a complaint about the IPC for more information
Last updated: January 2019