IPC Annual Report 2021/22
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has published its Annual Report 2021/22 today which documents its work and achievements throughout the 2021/22 reporting period.
The Annual Report was tabled in NSW Parliament on 31 October 2022.
2021/22 highlights include:
- 40 strategic and regulatory initiatives finalised across the previous and current Strategic and Regulatory Plans
- finalisation of 764 information access and privacy reviews and complaints
- 387 information access and privacy advices provided to support compliance by agencies
- finalisation of 4 proactive information access audits and 1 privacy audit
- 112 advices provided to projects seeking funding under the Digital Restart Fund
- Commissioners provided submissions to 9 reviews and inquiries conducted by government including 5 joint submissions
- 3,140 enquiries dealt with from the public
- 460,319 page views and a 4.8% increase in website visits to the IPC website (ipc.nsw.gov.au)
- raising awareness of privacy and information access rights with the release of 28 new information access, privacy and corporate publications, and 34 updated publications
- release of new formats of communications including 4 new animations on citizens’ rights and agency obligations under the Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA Act), Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (PPIP Act) and Health Records and Information Privacy Act (HRIP Act).