IPC delivers annual report 2014 - 2015 to NSW Parliament
The IPC has released the 2014 – 2015 annual report which documents our many achievements and also our challenges during the reporting period, as well as outlining our directions for the coming year.
During the reporting period, we had some major success including
- In 2014 – 2015 the IPC received 337 GIPA review applications and complaints, and closed 409 matters. The IPC received 288 privacy reviews and complaints, and closed 281 matters
- Re-launching the IPC website
- Launching the IPC E-learning Portal and two new training modules
- Tabling and publishing the Report on the Operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009: 2013 – 2014
- Tabling and publishing the Report of the Privacy Commissioner under Section 61B of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- Publication of the Privacy Governance Framework
- Publication of the Genetic Health Guidelines for NSW
- Over 26 training and information sessions competed across privacy and information access
- Development of 27 new publications
- Response to 134 requests for advice from agencies
Statistics at a glance
The IPC also dealt with 3,677 phone calls and 656 emails, and our refreshed website received a total of 312,382 page views during the reporting period.
In 2014 – 2015 the IPC received 337 GIPA review applications and complaints, and closed 409 matters. The IPC received 288 privacy reviews and complaints, and closed 281 matters.