IPC delivers annual report 2015 - 2016 to NSW Parliament
The IPC has released the 2015 – 2016 Annual Report which documents our work and achievements during the reporting period, as well as outlining our directions for the coming year.
During the reporting period, we had some major success including:
- The NSW Information Commissioner was appointed the NSW Open Data Advocate
- Tabling and publication of the Report on the Operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009: 2014 – 2015
- Publication of Towards NSW Charter for Public Participation
- Publication of the Universities’ compliance with the GIPA Act: Audit Report 2015
- Successful campaigns for Right to Know Week 2015 and Information Awareness Month 2016
- Launch of the IPC GIPA Tool
- Development of the IPC Regulatory Framework
- Publication of two quarterly newsletters – the IPC Bulletin and CEO Update.
Statistics at a glance
In 2015 – 2016 the IPC finalised 748 cases. The IPC received 364 GIPA review applications and complaints, and closed 426 matters. The IPC received 257 privacy reviews and complaints, and closed 322 matters.
We dealt with more than 4,426 email and phone enquiries during the period, while the IPC website received over 344,946 page views.
We received 311 new registrations to the IPC e-learning portal, developed 34 new publications and responded to 218 requests for advice from agencies.