IPC delivers annual report 2016/17 to NSW Parliament
The IPC has released the 2016 – 2017 Annual Report which documents our work and achievements during the reporting period, as well as outlining our directions for the coming year.
View the IPC Annual Report 2017 – 2017 here.
During the reporting period, we had some major successes including:
Statistics at a glance
- In 2016 – 2017 the IPC finalised 683 cases. The IPC received 383 GIPA review applications and complaints, and closed 378 matters. The IPC received 308 privacy reviews and complaints, and closed 305 matters
- We dealt with more than 4,256 email and phone enquiries during the period, while the IPC website received over 352,223 page views
- We received 336 new registrations to the IPC e-learning portal, developed 68 new publications and responded to 728 requests for advice from agencies.
Resources of note
- The IPC released 68 new information access and privacy publications
- Tabled the Report on the Operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009: 2016 – 2017
- Tabled the Privacy Statutory Guideline on Research
- Launched the Open Data: Opening our World infographic
- The IPC delivered a Summit on Public Participation and Agency Information Guides in May 2017
- Delivered Right to Know Week 2016 including the inaugural collaboration with Australian and NZ counterparts
- Delivered Privacy Awareness Month 2017 including the Privacy Matters Forum
- The IPC experienced a 12 % increase in staff engagement
- We published a new Strategic Plan for 2017 – 2020
- Released the IPC Regulatory Framework
- Established the Compliance Committee.