The IPC supports National Law Week, 15 – 21 May 2023
The Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) is proud to support National Law Week, an initiative to promote community awareness and understanding of the law, the legal system and the legal profession.
The IPC is committed to increasing awareness and understanding of legal rights, protections, and obligations under NSW information and privacy legislation for both NSW citizens and public sector agencies.
The IPC administers the following legislation:
• Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act)
• Government Information (Information Commissioner) Act 2009 (GIIC Act)
• Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act)
• Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act)
The IPC supports and promotes the rights of citizens under NSW information access and privacy legislation. There is a wealth of resources available to assist in understanding and exercising these rights:
• Information access resources for citizens
• Privacy resources for citizens
Every year, NSW public libraries celebrate National Law Week with a variety of events and programs. For more information, please visit the Law Week NSW website.