Skip to main content
Chatting with friends online, instant messaging and playing online games can be fun, but remember to be careful about what information you share.
- Before you share information about yourself online, show your parents first – even if it’s to enter a game or contest
- Only respond to emails or instant messages from people you know
- If you receive a message that makes you feel weird, don’t respond and show your parents or an adult you trust
- If a website asks you to type in information like your name, address and email, check with your parents first
- If someone you’ve met online wants to meet you in the real world, tell your parents about it first
- Always give your parent’s correct email address if a site requires their permission for you to join. And ask their permission first.
Resources for kids