Information and Privacy Commission NSW Annual Report 2020/21 tabled
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has published today its Annual Report 2020/21 which documents its work and achievements throughout the 2020/21 reporting period.
The Annual Report was tabled in NSW Parliament on 26 October 2021.
2020/21 highlights include:
- an increase of 10% in applications for information access and privacy reviews and complaints
- finalisation of 850 reviews and complaints, an increase of 4.4% on the 2019/20 reporting period
- providing 569 information access and privacy advices to support compliance by agencies
- in 2021, the IPC celebrates its 10 year anniversary since commencing operations on 1 January 2011 and 10 years of reporting on the operation of the GIPA Act
- providing 121 advices in the first year of operation to projects seeking funding under the Digital Restart Fund
- Commissioners provided submissions to 15 reviews and inquiries conducted by government including 6 joint submissions
- dealing with 3407 enquiries from the public, representing a 22.5% increase on the 2782 dealt with in 2019/20
- 485,989 page views and a 6.1% increase in unique visitors to ipc.nsw.gov.au
- improving awareness of privacy and information access rights with the release of 36 new information access, privacy and corporate publications and reviewing 64 existing publications.