IPC Annual Report 2022/23
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has published its Annual Report 2022/23 yesterday which documents its work and achievements throughout the 2022/23 reporting period.
The Annual Report was tabled in NSW Parliament on 16 October 2023.
2022/23 highlights include:
- 22 strategic and regulatory initiatives finalised across the IPC’s Strategic Plan
- finalisation of 704 information access and privacy reviews and complaints
- 449 information access and privacy advices provided to support compliance by agencies
- finalisation of 5 proactive information access audits and 1 privacy audit
- release of the updated Information Governance Agency Self-assessment Tools
- Commissioners provided submissions to 6 reviews and inquiries conducted by government including 3 joint submissions by the Information Commissioner and the Privacy Commissioner
- 3,096 enquiries dealt with from the public
- 547,220 page views and an 18.9% increase in website visits to the IPC website (ipc.nsw.gov.au)
- raising awareness of privacy and information access rights with the release of 34 new information access, privacy and corporate publications, and 66 updated publications updated during 2022/23
- research into informal release of information completed