The Information Commissioner Elizabeth Tydd has reported on the operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) for 2014 – 2015.
Under section 37 of the Government Information (Information Commissioner) Act 2009 (GIIC Act), the Information Commissioner is required to provide Parliament with an annual report on the operation of the GIPA Act.
This year’s Report offers insights for policy-makers, greater guidance for stakeholders and transparency for the community.
According to the Report, practices across the four sectors regulated by the GIPA Act vary, but continue to highlight the Act’s relevance and responsiveness to the community, with the strategic intent of the GIPA Act continuing to be met by most regulated entities.
Future Focus and Priorities for 2016/17
Click on image to enlarge
- Report 2014 – 2015
- Note on data sources and appendices
- Media release – Information Commissioner recognised improvements and identifies key challenges in achieving Open Government
- All GIPA Compliance Reports (Report on the Operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009)
- Online GIPA data for all years (xls, 5Mb)
Resources for agencies
- Fact sheet: What is the public interest test (PDF, 86kb)