Contact us

We have a professional and knowledgeable enquiries team available to answer your questions about the laws we administer in NSW for NSW Public Sector Agencies, State-Owned Corporations, Universities, Health Service providers and organisations that hold health information.

The IPC does not hold information on behalf of NSW government agencies. You need to contact the agency you believe holds the information in the first instance.

If your enquiry is about a Private Sector Organisation, NGO or Federal Government Agency you need to call the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.

General enquiries

Please use our online form to make a general enquiry to the IPC. 



Business hours: Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) 9am – 5pm.


General enquiries: 1800 472 679 

Media enquiries: 0435 961 691

Assisted contact

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service on 133 677 for assistance.

If you do not speak English, or English is your second language, and you need assistance to communicate with us, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.

Information on privacy and government access information, including how to make a complaint or request a review, is now available in a range of community languages.

In person - Sydney office

Level 17, 201 Elizabeth Street Sydney 2000 – our office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Accessibility information: The building has full lift access. Level 17 is accessed via the lower lift lobby. The lower lift lobby can be accessed via a fully automatic elevator in the foyer of the building.

Postal address

GPO Box 7011, Sydney NSW 2001

Social media

Legal Advice

  • The IPC is unable to provide legal advice on any matters. Please visit this page to find out how to seek legal advice.

Other helpful contacts:

 Some agencies have information units, for example:

Page updated: December 2016


5 out of 5 star rating
Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
If you have a question about information or privacy laws in New South Wales (NSW), click here to contact the IPC.
Link to content page for Information access