IPC publishes Annual Report 2019/20
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has published its Annual Report 2019/20 which documents its work and achievements throughout the 2019/20 reporting period.
The Annual Report was tabled in NSW Parliament on 30 November 2020.
Read the Media Release here.
Download the IPC Annual Report 2019/20 here.
2019/20 highlights included:
- an increase of 15% in applications for information access and privacy reviews and complaints
- finalisation of 814 reviews and complaints, an increase of 8.5% on the 2018/19 reporting period providing
- 575 information access and privacy advices to support compliance by agencies, an increase of 31.6% on the 2018/19 reporting period
- Commissioners provided submissions to 11 reviews and inquiries conducted by government including 7 joint submissions
- dealing with 2782 enquiries from the public, representing a 5.7% increase on the 2018/19 reporting period
- 513,794 page views of its website, a 3.7% increase on the 2018/19 reporting period
- improving awareness of privacy and information access rights with the release of 18 new publications and reviewing 75 existing publications